Children with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)

If a child or young person has special educational needs or a disability and does not have a statement or Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan:  You can apply for any state funded mainstream school or college. You cannot apply for a special school or college. Your application should be considered in the same way as someone who does not have special educational needs.

If a child or young person does have a statement or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan: the parent (or the young person if they are 16 or over) can ask for any type of education provision including mainstream or special, state funded or independent.

More information: Amaze is a charity that gives information, advice and support to families of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Brighton & Hove and Sussex. We also support young people with SEND up to 25. Some of our services are only available in specific areas – check out the specific services information for parent carer’s and young peopleSENDIASS helpline 01273 772 289 for parent carer’s and young people with SEND.

East Sussex:

West Sussex:

Brighton and Hove:

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!