Depending on the age of your child is dependant on where your child/ren will be schooled. Please check listed information regarding ages and stages in childcare and education.
0 – 2 years
Childcare for babies aged 0-2 can be arranged with local childcare providers either Ofsted registered childminders or day- care services in your area. For more information on services based in your location please check local authorities website or Family information services.
2 – 5 years
Parents of some two-year-olds are entitled to funded childcare or early education for up to 15 hours per week (up to 570 hours per year) from the start of the term after the child’s second birthday. If you’re a working parent of a 3 or 4 year old and living in England, you could also get an extra 15 hours free childcare from 3 and 4 year old extended free entitlement. If you’re eligible, you’ll also get access to an account, where you’ll get a code to give to your local authority and childcare provider Visit www.childcarechoices.gov.uk – to apply for Tax-Free Childcare or 3 and 4 year old (30 hour) extended free entitlement. It’s one single application that will check your eligibility for both.
- Born between 1st January to 31st March can claim funding from the term beginning on 1st April
- Born between 1st April to 31st August can claim from funding the term beginning on 1st September
- Born between 1st September to 31 December can claim funding from the term beginning on 1st January
5 – 11 years – Primary Schools, please within
11 – 18 years – Senior School / Academy
Family Information Service (FIS) East Sussex County Council
We have a range of information for families with children and young people on the link below. There is also a telephone service Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm or you can email us. We help you to get to the services you need for advice on issues like:
- Finding childcare
- Applying for school places
- Organisation that help families
- Help with the cost of raising a family
- Parenting support
- Facebook – information for families CLICK HERE